Sunday 13 December 2015

Day 347 2015: It's December...

Day 347: ...let the Christmas events roll on

Strictly speaking, not my first 'Christmas' event for the year but a different one for me. Although I have been a member of the Art Gallery for many many years, I don't usually go to the Members' Christmas Party. This year, on whim, however, I thought 'why not'!

I also imagined earlier in the week that it might present another opportunity for 'Christmas in Brissie' photo opportunities, but, no, rain. The rain came again, right up until there wasn't really enough time to have a walk around South Bank. Never mind, I'll get there...

So today's pics are a two-stage version: some from the back garden, 'just in case'...

Just bursting out...

...in time for Christmas in the garden
...and some from the Kurilpa Bridge, just because there was just enough time for another perspective on the city after all. 

The view from here...

The view from there

And then, drinks, chats, finger food and viewing of some spectacular art in the Gallery (some excellent photographs too). 

Now, this week, I will get Christmas lights...some time. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 3.46pm-3.47pm; Canon A490, 5.40pm, 5.42pm]