Tuesday 5 July 2016

Day 187 2016: Left in the wake...

Day 187: ...feeling like a drip

Today was much cooler than yesterday. And a little greyer as well. After getting caught out in a late afternoon Brissie-like thunderstorm, I did check the weather before I left today. No rain forecast. No need for the umbrella...

As I mentioned yesterday, the view might be getting a bit repetitive but I am really appreciating the differences in the light and colour of the water. The way the surface shapes its own patterns like a living canvas. 

Somehow today, as I glanced up every now and again, it was the pattern of the wakes of the passing traffic that caught my eye. 

It was just a line at first

Did the bird make it? (subtle)

The broader the wake...

Water under the bridge

Streaking across the port


And after watching all that water and feeling left in the wake, by the time I was on my way home, down came the rain, leaving me feeling like a drip again. I'm just going to have to ignore weather forecasts and add the brolly to the bag. There's water everywhere...

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.00pm, 2.08pm, 2.19-2.20pm, 3.56pm; 5 July 2016]