Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 195 2016: A day of persistence...

Day 195: ...and much subtlety

Day two where I had to confront the decisionmaking that is my soon-to-be seminar group. It's been playing on my mind...how do I know I'll choose the best group of candidates out of the 28? Persistence is one thing I thought as I walked passed this little flower on the way to the bus stop this morning...

Through the cracks


But then the day turned into one of subtle subtle reading, thinking and almost decisionmaking. The port was a lot like that today...the heat haze and light rain of the morning just didn't seem to lift all day. No matter which way I looked at it, whatever the time, it all looked the same, except for small, discerning differences, here and there.

The view to the bridge, it is there...

Out to the wind turbine

Through the mist 1

Trying to take flight (about halfway through the list)

Through the mist 2...with a difference, e'er so slight

The bridge faded away

The wheel did its best to light up


Pretty much summed up the day really. I too was determined to start with, but by the end, I really couldn't tell the difference between candidate number 12 (who made the cut) versus candidates 13-22 who sit just outside the door. 

One more go tomorrow...I think.

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 9.22am; Lumix TZ-85, 11.54-am-11.55am, 12.20pm, 2.59pm, 5.03pm-5.04pm, 6.32pm; 13 July 2016]