Friday 22 July 2016

Day 203 2016: Impressions of a grey day...

Day 203: ...turning to night, bright

One of those rainy days today. Not sudden bursts of rain relieved by occasional bursts of sun and blue sky, just light misty drizzly rain. All day.

So I decided to turn that to my advantage. I suspect I take photos because I suspect I can't really paint, or draw. I probably could but the comment of an art teacher of mine at high school still (yes, I know, I should be over it) resonates: 'technically competent but rather derivative'. I guess she meant I can do stuff, I just lack imagination and originality. She probably drove me to academia!

Anyway, looking out across the grey, I like to imagine, if I could paint, it would either be in the Jeffrey Smart industrial style, or a lovely soft impressionist style, like today.

 
Ships passing in the night, er, morning


The greys

Ship here: some imagination required


It was a long day, nothing terribly original or imaginative about that, but a neighbour's hibiscus caught my eye this evening as I turned the corner to home...


On the road home

 And that turned a long grey day into a light and bright night.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.15am, 11.39am, 12.15pm; iPhone 6S, 11.06pm; 21 July 2016]