Tuesday 5 July 2016

Day 186 2016: Back to it...

Day 186: ...and backing around

It was back to the office today. I have classes to prepare, special lectures to finalise, articles to write...shaping up to having difficult choices to make about the make up of my first politics seminar class (a group of students I will teach and mentor for the next two years, one of the enormous privileges of the Japanese higher ed system). There's a limit of ten. So far, I've had about 14 enquiries, including five students who descended on my office today...

It is going to be tough. 


Luckily, I have an inspiring view to get me through the day. 

On a clear day, the blue

The surface as canvas

Bridge elements


The usual, but not the usual either. I'm beginning to enjoy the subtle changes in light over the day. But an amateur photographer would say that. 

And then, just at the end of the day, just when I thought I was in a tight spot, I watched (a little bit) as the captain of the ship managed to spin it around 'on a five cent piece' and back it in. 

Spinning it

Now that would be harder than choosing ten students...wouldn't it. Wouldn't it?

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.25am, 12.14pm, 1.17pm, 3.00pm; 4 July 2016]