Tuesday 26 July 2016

Day 208 2016: Up for the early bird...

Day 208: ...and a, well, a crane

I am pleased I have kept one old habit of waking up early. I do like the early part of the day, although we don't get the spectacular colours that friends on twitter and insta continue to deliver each day from Brisbane.

But this morning I was lucky to catch one of the local regular visitors to the garden, I just don't generally have the camera on me, unlike this morning. 

A little feather ruffling

Ready for the day


Got it, finally. 

And then off to work for the second last class of my third year group who have mostly been pretty good and I get to teach most of them again next semester too. 

Pigeons along the way, livening up the streetscape...




And then, there was movement on the port of a type I've not seen before. It might almost have been a day for the birds otherwise.

A crane, not quite of the feathered variety but carrying out some interesting work nonetheless.

A little way under the bridge

prepare for take off

or lift up

or drop down...

Counting down the days to the end of the teaching weeks, then, a conference, two days of open day activities, another conference, marking and then...summer holidays. Eventually.


[Camera : iPhone 6S, 9.07am; Lumix TZ-85, 4.58am, 2.51pm-2.55pm; 26 July 2016]