Tuesday 10 January 2017

Day 10, 10 Jan 2017: Curiosity-driven walks...

Day 10: ...probably never killed a cat, really...

...but they certainly made me move.

It is winter here, in fact, headed for the depths of winter with chill factors in regions I've rarely seen or felt (except when in Japan, or Seoul, or Chicago...). But the days, until the snow arrives, are glorious; reminiscent of our Brisbane blue-sky days. 

Today was one of those days. But it was also day two of the sitting ducks, you know, the ones I introduced to you yesterday dear reader. 

Now, I was intrigued. There they were, across the way, in the port passage, just like yesterday, and in yesterday's numbers. 

And it just so happens that I have resolved to get out of the office at lunchtime (or thereabouts) at least three, maybe four, times a week to go for a walk and wander. Seeing the ducks there for a second day was enough to get me out there. Perhaps I'd been mistaken yesterday?

So off I went...cat-killing curiosity and bird-killing stones all in one go (such violent images in our proverbs). 

Glorious day, sparkles...

Blue sky building

Headed for the wheel

Another blue sky angle

Wheel and ducks

Yep, ducks

Mostly resting, sometimes moving

On the move

Quite a large family gathering

All getting along

Itching an itch

Lined up

Moving right along

Just swanning about


And it was true, they are ducks and they just happen to be floating about unperturbed. I think there is a lesson in that for all of us. I shall be on the lookout again tomorrow. 

I feel very relaxed, and no animals were harmed in the writing of this post. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 9.43am, 1.38pm-1.52pm; 10 January 2017]