Monday 30 January 2017

Day 30, 30 Jan 2017: The day that almost wasn't...

Day 30: ...a slow start and cutting it fine

This past term, I've been in the habit of getting in early on Monday (and Tuesday) to make final preparations for classes mid-morning. It has meant reasonably early starts but that's OK. This morning, however, while catching up on events in the US overnight and thinking about how to incorporate them into today's class, over the top of notes I prepared earlier, I seemed to have lost an hour...

It is not that I slept in. On the contrary, rewriting notes just took over. It is not work I usually have room to do on the morning train, it is, as the brochures say, a bit of a crush of bodies, so the classes have to be well-prepared. 

I made it, but with not much room to move. By the time I got back to the office, the ships were making their moves, slowly, and deliberately, turning in a tight spot. I know the feeling. 

Time to move on

Tug-a-lugs

Taking some time

Finally, found the way

We might be here a while

The end of the day; almost the end of semester


I'm glad it is the last week of classes, I'm not sure I'm ready to cut things that fine again. Tomorrow is the actual last class...let's hope I am not quite so distracted in the morning. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.31pm-2.37pm, 7.53pm; 30 January 2017]