Friday 6 January 2017

Day 5, 5 Jan 2017: Time to return...

Day 5: ...to my place of work

Not quite 'home', that is Brisbane, not Tokyo. Tokyo just happens to be a place I am working at the moment. For a couple of years, or so. But of course, at the end of every trip home, there is a need to get on the train, head to the airport, get on the plane...etc and so forth.

Today was that day. My, those eight days went quickly. However, I am due back at work on Friday, and so it goes.

The flight back to Tokyo is a daytime flight, not for sleeping but for working (good time to catch up on reading) which I did. During the day too, the pilot can highlight a few things along the way. Today we were lucky enough to glimpse Butterfly Island, north of Papua New Guinea (and lucky for me, I was sitting on the right side of the plane).


Sun rises through a gum tree at the train station


Breakfast at the airport


Waiting for the boarding

Not my plane, I hope

The Gateway Bridges

Waiting for the unloading

A little inflight reading

Butterfly Island, a glimpse


And then, by 6pm, we 'touched down', ready to recommence the remaining weeks of the current teaching year. Well, almost ready. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.05am-8.59am, 1.32pm; iPhone6s, 8.05am; 5 January 2017]