Wednesday 5 February 2014

Day 36: Always be ready...

Day 36: ...for a touch of the unexpected

An unexpected dash up the coast today to deliver some materials and then home again. But before I did that, I decided to do something I should have been doing all these years of working up the coast: I took a stroll along Moffat Beach. 

Shoreline 

Pondering...
When I first got the gig at the uni at the SunCoast, colleagues at my old workplace thought it would be great to get in an early morning surf, or one late in the afternoon. Even though I grew up on the Gold Coast, the SunCoast surf was far preferable for me, closer to the bays and inlets of the Sydney beaches of my childhood. I used to surf there regularly, then, I got the job. In eleven or so years there, I never made it to the beach for a surf...sad. I used to have my gear in the back of the car for ages, 'just in case'...

With a little unanticipated time up my sleeve today, off I went. Just the fruit phone and not really dressed for a surf but the sand and the water were just the tonic in my 'get healthy' plan. I'll go back to having the gear in the car again I think. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 10.23am, 10.28am, 10.31am, 10.49am]

Tidal rock forms
Potter?