Saturday 22 February 2014

Day 53: The unfulfilled promise...


Day 53: ...of the rain clouds...

After yesterday's humidity and last night's four drops of rain, yes four, count them--1, 2, 3, 4--we awoke this morning to the promise of actual rain. Much cooler than yesterday and a sky crowded with rain-filled clouds, all day. 

The unfulfilled promise...
Just when we anticipated a downfall, the clouds cleared briefly. I went in search of rain, found a rose. Not the one from a few days ago, it didn't survive the humidity, but this one has managed to bloom in spite of all else. It's a contrast of colours today.

Rose
Meanwhile, another by-election, today in the state seat of Redcliffe, while I caught up with much of the reading I didn't quite manage yesterday. I'm continuing with Hannah Arendt, her work and analysis of her work by others. I remain intrigued about our failure to learn from the past...but that is for another post, elsewhere. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 4.05pm, 5.22pm]