Friday 28 February 2014

Day 59: Not all butterflies...

Day 59: ...are mothballed

I think I would like a turret, from whence I wouldn't be drawn out to do things other than read and write. It's a selfish demand in this day and age but some days one just gets on a roll...and then there are expectations to appear in public. 

It's been a bit like that today, work-related on the one-hand but an evening of anticipation at Anita Heiss's (@AnitaHeiss) book launch tonight, her latest 'Tiddas'; a bit of a Brisbane flavour and the best cover, a beautiful jacaranda bloom. I'm looking forward to it. 


Landing...
Meanwhile, I took some time out from the work intensity to take in the fresh air. The butterflies are gradually returning to the back garden, after a short absence. They're not all startlingly beautiful but they bring a certain life to the foliage. Close-up too, they have a certain attraction. 

Not without its charms
Maybe I could hold off on the turret a little longer, a bit too soon to be mothballed methinks.


[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 3.05pm (cropped)]