Saturday 15 February 2014

Day 46: Rehearsal, play, concert...

Day 46: ...variations on a theme

Saturday and the year is well underway. Just occasionally I get a busy 'play day'--rehearsal, play, concert...that's three different commitments over the day. I play in a couple of musical ensembles; Saturday morning is rehearsal time for the clarinet choir; then, it was off to the newsworthy play at the Qld Theatre Company, 'Australia Day'; in the evening, the Qld Symphony Orchestra tonight conducted by the sublime Simone Young. 

These sorts of days usually mean a little time out along South Bank (and away from my backyard which, for the purpose of #project365 is probably a good thing for you dear reader...


At an angle...


Sandstone detail
And so it was, I walked along South Bank, eating an ice cream from my favourite ice cream queen at South Bank (her new 'Ginger Mac' is magnificent) and into a part of South Bank where I haven't spent a lot of time of late, the remnant of the southern pillar of Victoria Bridge. It is actually quite an impressive sandstone construction, representative of its age. There is a touch of my old Sydney town about the sandstone too. I think I'll be back. 


[Camera : iPhone 4S, 1.23pm, 1.25pm]