Monday 10 February 2014

Day 41: Transparency...

Day 41: ...and translucence

In addition to my day job, I find myself involved in various groups and activities in the community which seek to make the world a better place. For example, I've just returned from rehearsal for my orchestra. The 'community' element, both among players and for what we can do for audiences is invaluable. 

But today was also very much about politics. This morning, at Parliament House, I attended a seminar which is the first of a series planned to examine accountability and transparency in government. Later in the day, I was back there as a part of the Australasian Studies of Parliament Group, a group of people who share an interest in parliaments and governance. Even outside work, I can't help myself. But these things are important. 

Night flower

Once I returned home, a soft glow out the back caught my eye. This flower has just come into bloom after four and a half years, the artificial light illuminated it slightly. The photographer in me thought to play a little more with the light...It is a lovely, fragile flower, I don't know how long it will be around. After a day of seeking out transparency in politics, its translucence seemed something worth capturing tonight. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 10.38pm]