Monday 8 August 2016

Day 220 2016: Open days...

Day 220: ...open minds, hopefully

Wherever I've been and for as long as I can remember, universities have had open days. And as long as I've been associated with universities, I seem to have been involved in one way or another. Over time, they've changed in nature from simply showcasing university life and research to being a market-driven exhibition where (hopefully) academics won't be in the way...(true, as happened at my last university). 

Japanese universities do the same thing, trying to convince students (and their parents) that this is the university for them. So it was off to the campus again today for me since I have a small bit part in today's proceedings.

Early morning light and shade

The clear blue sea, post-lecture


OK, maybe not just a 'bit' part, I had to give the lecture about why we study politics and a bit of a taste of what a class with me would be like. Now that's one way to spend a Sunday. 

Pressure, no pressure. 

On the way home, on a near empty bus, I thought a few random shots along the way' 'from the passenger seat' might be of interest. 

 
So, this is a bus


Going along the main road

Past the post office

Stopped just long enough to smell the flowers

And glance down a side street

And a sunflower, at the end of the day



And now, rinse and repeat. We do it all again tomorrow. (Maybe not the bus photos.)

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 7.13am, 5.25pm; Lumix TZ-85, 3.26pm, 5.18pm-5.19pm; 7 August 2016]