Thursday 4 August 2016

Day 217 2016: When everything appears calm on the surface...

Day 217: ...we're working furiously beneath it

Today I went to work with a determination to pick-up where I left off last night and basically get the Open Day lectures done. Trouble is, these things are never quite 'done' and there is always a bit of tweaking to be done. I've given in to the fact that I'll be tweaking it right up until the last minute. 

There is just so much to say and so little time and when you are trying to convince encourage high school students to study politics at uni...and you're doing it in your second language...well, there will always be some editing to be done on the run. 

Indeed, I expect there will be changes to Monday's version once I've done Sunday's lecture and I have a chance to get a sense of my audience. 

Unlike the port, which just goes through its motions day in, day out, though I'm beginning to think Thursday is a bit of a slow day on the water...

Interesting day of clouds again

Some emergency services

A clear blue sky day

with time for reflection

bridge v boat ; scale

Wheely clear



And the sun sets on another day
...nowhere near as much action as other days. 

Unlike this weekend at uni, when we'll be welcoming people from all over. It is going to be a very busy few days.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.16pm, 3.06pm-3.09pm,, 3.29pm, 6.51pm; 4 August 2016]