Monday 8 August 2016

Day 218 2016: Last day of semester...

Day 218: ...and I can see clearly now

Last class this morning and that's the semester done (except for the marking and the Open Days and...OK, so an academic's work is really never done). It has been an interesting and steepish learning curve for me as much as for the students I suspect. It's been a bit of a brave experiment for the uni to have me over here teaching Japanese politics to Japanese students in Japanese...

And so while I was out, or otherwise engaged, my window was cleaned on the outside...shame I wasn't in the front row seat at my desk to capture the brave person doing that job but at least now, for a little while, I'll be able to see things a little more clearly...

On the walk to work

Look! No fine layer of grime filter

Yellow on blue

This particular floating vessel...

...brought this particular floating vessel to a complete standstill...

...until it moved on

Snap!

Day's end approaches, we keep on working

Sun setting on the walk to the train station

Shame it doesn't take a simple wash of the mind to help us all see things a little more clearly from time to time, but then, I wouldn't need to study politics if it were that easy. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 11.17am, 2.40pm, 3.35pm-3.36pm, 3.38pm, 6.09pm; iPhone 6S, 7.02am, 6.47pm; 5 August 2016]