Monday 8 August 2016

Day 219 2016: A solemn start...

Day 219: ...before things return to 'normal'

...or as normal as a Saturday in the office might be. Today, 6 August, commemorates the bombing of Hiroshima (and Nagasaki three days later), and the ceremony is always broadcast live here on TV. The mayor of the city speaks and always has an important point or two to make. It is worth watching. Except for today's awkward timing...it happened to coincide with the opening ceremony of the Olympic in Rio...from a minute's silence to the samba...

Oh well, it gave me something to ponder  as I headed into the office for another day of thinking about the open day lectures, just a little more tweaking here and there I told myself...not that long. 

Indeed.

At least I wasn't the only one working...

Steaming into work

Leaving it all in my wake

Blue on blue

Yellow on blue

It's work, but not as we know it


...or taking photographs. All in a day's work really. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 1.56pm, 1.57pm, 2.04pm, 5.13pm; 6 August 2016]