Thursday 11 August 2016

Day 224 2016: Start clicking...

Day 224: ...you never know what you'll find

It is a public holiday in Japan today, 'Mountain Day'. It is a new holiday to match the 'Ocean Day' earlier in the year. Apparently mountaineers were jealous the seafarers had their own day. (No, I made up that bit, but no-one seems to really know why it has been designated so.)

So today I headed east, not towards mountains but in search of sea, or similar, to visit a former student of mine, now a lecturer himself. OK, so I didn't really get too close to the sea and I expected to find a little more in the way of exotic photogenic subject matter than there was...

So instead, on the walk home from the bus stop, I just started clicking away in the park nearby, noticing things I don't usually see in the daylight because I return home in the dark.

Park-type things like: 

Truncated

The distant skyline

Exhausted

Dropped

Sunstroke

Pompom

 And then I heard, and then spotted and then photographed...


A bit of a preen

A bit of a captain cook

Highwire act

So, come here often?

Walk the line

Puffed up

On notice


Yep, right there doing a highwire act, the descendants of the Sri Lankan parakeets I saw a few weeks ago and in a better light. 

You'd almost think they put on a special show for my return home. 

How nice. And then some early evening sunflowers.


Sun soaker

Brash


How nice.

Moral of this photographer's story: keep clicking, be alert (not alarmed), you never know what you'll see. 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 5.15pm-5.26pm; 11 August 2016]