Sunday 10 May 2015

Day 130 2015: How to Mothers Day...

Day 130: ...Gold Coast version

Sunday, Mothers Day. So one travels to the Gold Coast to visit and mum, and today, we headed over to a restaurant at the Broadwater for lunch. So of course one takes one's camera. Naturally. 


The Broadwater, boats and the Hinterland

Although it felt like forever, I spent about seven years actually growing up on the Gold Coast, those critical upper primary and high school years before I moved to Brisbane to study at uni. I always planned to return but the longer I stayed in Brisbane (and then on to Tokyo, Canberra and back to Brisbane) I guess the less I wanted to return. 

Mum is still there though, so I turn up fairly often. And really, with days like today, anywhere would be great. This is the surrounds of the marina where the restaurant was situated. 


A Bird of Paradise

Obligatory decorative marine chain,  for effect

Sparkles for Mothers

Because we all have helicopters

Masts

Mmm, no, don't know either: #612bluesky effect only
There is a certain fakeness glamour about the Coast. It has its fans I suppose. It went really hard on the glamour tourism stuff in the 1980s, oh yes, about the time I left. 

Anyway, Happy Mothers Day to all the mums.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 1.18pm-1.25pm]