Sunday 17 May 2015

Day 137.5 2015: Some days are just...

Day 137.5: ...like a walk in the park

And so, dear reader, the tale continues. Now where were we? Oh yes, the purchasing of art stuff.  So said friend was quite excited by heading out to recently discovered art supplies shop, to ponder, wander, wonder about what challenges might be on the table. Said friend is also beginning to develop camera skills (hehe, pun...did you notice?) and suggested we continue on to a local park for a little photo expedition. And who am I to say no to photos eh? 

You see, although I'd already taken today's pics (see Day 137 post) I too thought a walk in the park was just what the workload ordered...

We wandered around the Orleigh Park reach of the Brisbane River down West End way. Intriguing. And it is probably helpful to say that some of the pics I took I imagined as rendering in a pastel version later one...ambitious much. 

Rocks 'n' bricks 'n' weeds, all cohabiting

Ducks and a flagpole

Brisbane River (because CityCat)

Every picture, ahem, tells a story...I guess

Rather larger than life yellow flowers

Pastels: Picture this I

There's something about tree trunks

Exercise point

River through the reeds

Pastels: Picture this II

Lone wood

More large yellow flowers 

Stung

Leaves falling

So yes, I went with my pastels and watercolour pencils with a view to re-learning the old skills of hand-colouring photos. My friend opted for watercolours. Work diversion tactics yes, but really, a girl's gotta have a hobby (or three). 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 1.19pm-2.20pm]