Tuesday 5 May 2015

Day 125 2015: Setting moon...

Day 125: ...Hitchcockian moments

I have spoken many a time, dear reader, about the glorious starts to the days we can have here in Brisbane. It makes the early starts truly truly worth it. Usually, we talk about the magic colours of the sunrises, the light that comes just before, just after the sun comes up over the hill; the sound of the birds; the dew on the roses...let's face it, dear reader, it pretty much sums up this blog really (except for the car park, at work...or South Bank...I must get a life or two). 

But just occasionally, there is a setting moon that is worth capturing, like the one this morning, off to the west, through the front fence. Glorious. 



Early morning, setting moon

I was up for a long day and this was a lovely start. Towards the end of the afternoon, I headed off early-ish from campus (Sippy Downs) to make a run for the airport (Brisbane) to pick up my mum and friend and drive them home to mum's place (Gold Coast) via my place (to pick up Bella...).

Home--SunCoast--Brisbane Airport--home--Gold Coast-->about 400km today. Good thing I like driving. 

As I headed to the car park, still cautious about the snake, there was a flock. A flock of fast moving birds, one minute they were on the ground, next minute in the air. Like most people of a certain age, it reminded me the Hitchcock film The Birds, perhaps the first suspenseful movie I remember watching and for people of a certain age, a flock of fast moving birds, well, it always means Hitchcock for me. And fun to try and capture. Indian mynas I think.


The birds...

The Birds...

In one direction...

A sharp turn...

Sharper turn...

Back to where we came from

That setting moon this morning was something of an omen...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 6.27am, 4.49pm]