Saturday 16 May 2015

Day 136 2015: A little imagination...

Day 136: ...goes a long way

'I looked out the window, perchance a dream'...

No, it just seemed like that this morning dear reader. The sun hit a corner of my garden in such a way that I thought that could *almost* be in Japan. Somewhere. 

Lantern

No, not really, but it did remind me of the weeding that really needs to be done in the yard. The weeds tend to go awry in the teaching weeks...there's never enough time between the reading, writing, marking, preparing, writing, marking, reading. Marking, dear reader. Did I mention the marking? 

Just minutes after these pics were taken, the wind started and what appeared to be a lovely day turned a bit windy and chilly. 

I do like the way the sun strikes the flowers...as you probably know dear reader. 

Sun, light, purple
Later in the day I went to see the movie 'A Royal Night Out' with a friend. It was about the night of VE Day in London (8 May 1945) when the then Princess Elizabeth and her sister Margaret stepped outside Buck Palace. Even though it probably wasn't a strictly truthful portrayal, there is just a part of this post-colonial, feminist, critical studies academic that really hopes, for Elizabeth's sake, it might have actually happened. A little imagination goes a long way.

Excellent big band soundtrack too. Makes me want to get the sax out and about again. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 8.17am, 8.18am]