Saturday 23 May 2015

Day 143 2015: Time, time, time...

Day 143: ...is rarely on my side.

It takes a lot to make me miss my music rehearsals, be it orchestra or clarinet choir. I either have to be too sick to move or interstate or overseas. Unless there is something on related to my other passion, work, er, I mean the work part of me that works towards encouraging a better public conversation about our politics. It is that fuzzy area where work and life cross over, or blur. 

This morning was one such morning. There was a meeting in the city to which I'd been invited as part of my work with the Australasian Study of Parliament Group. The Social and Citizenship Educators Association are planning a conference in Brisbane next year and this morning was the first planning meeting. It was nice to be asked. It coincided exactly with my clarinet rehearsal...

Some weeks, I wonder how I fit in everything I need to do. My weekend work to-do list has seven items on it--articles, essays and lectures to write, read and prepare...then there was today's meeting, a concert attendance tonight and a concert performance tomorrow. I takes me hat off to colleagues who have all that plus child commitments. 

Anyway, knowing I would be passing through King George Square, I thought it a good opportunity to capture time, as it were. So many terrific pics of the clocktower have turned up in my social media feeds of late, I figured it might be a good subject. 

City Hall portion 

Clocktower

Petrie Tableau, detail (Stephen Walker, c. 1988)

Every urban landscape pixster's favourite juxtaposition

And it was. I do enjoy the urban landscape, wherever I am. And a clocktower. This time, I have captured time; it was, for three minutes or so, on my side after all. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55mm (yes, time for that one again), 12.35pm-12.38pm*]
*At least, according to the timer on my camera...but look closely. Does this mean the clocktower is...wrong??