Thursday 28 May 2015

Day 148 2015: The darling buds of May...

Day 148: ...may be sent to baffle

We are almost at the end of May. That is almost the end of the teaching semester. In the southern hemisphere that means we are just days away from what some might call 'winter'. The average daily maximum temperature is still around 24 degrees Celsius.

Thursday is my late finish and I didn't want to bore you, dear reader, with the same old, same old lake bird pics. Well, not until next week anyway. So before I left for work this morning, I went for a short stroll around the backyard.

There were dew drops to capture...

Dewy

Vine leaves

First flush in twenty years...

But, confusingly, freshly-blossomed flowers...emerging bromeliads...oh, and another of those recalcitrant frangipani flowers...


Flower emerges

I don't know, but I recall my basic order of the seasons I learnt in primary school to be that blossoms and blooms come in spring. We haven't had winter yet. The darling buds of May might have been a hit for the northern spring, I never expected it to have meaning for these parts. 

No complaints though. I'll take any interesting developments in the garden any day, any season. 

[Camera : EOS 60D, 18-55mm, 7.56am-8.06am]