Thursday 7 May 2015

Day 127 2015: Now I see you...

Day 127: ...now I don't...

When I pulled up in the car park this morning I knew it was going to be about 14 hours before I got back to it later in the evening. Long days, Thursdays, long daze. 

What better way to walk into a long day then than to be greeted by the Welcome Swallow.  Well, many more than one, they tend to flock together. It is fast becoming one of my favourite birds on campus: small, colourful and seemingly inquisitive. 

And a cute expressive face, when the 300mm lens allows a bit of a close up. And so it was with this little one today. It looked...


Hmm, Welcome


...then looked away...


Blue sheen

...then peeked again. 


You're welcome

You wonder where they go at night. A spider's fine web caught my eye on the way too, just a glimpse from a purple mist...


Web in the wind

It was dark when I got back to the car. Dark, damp and cool. Autumn is here. You're welcome.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 9.09am, 9.14am]