Saturday 30 May 2015

Day 150 2015: Exercise and mindfulness...

Day 150: ...or something like that

Well, yes, something like that. Sometimes the week can be quite intensive. Work and related matters. Work. Oh, and work. The weekend usually involves some element of diversion by way of rehearsal, or play, or orchestral performance. But not today (there is tomorrow, but that's a different story, for tomorrow). 

There are tai chi classes at tai chi headquarters on Saturday mornings so I thought the absence of clarinet rehearsal today gave me the chance to catch up with class this week since we didn't have one on Tuesday. 

That put me in exercise mode. I thought too that I hadn't been out bike-riding for a few weeks and today being such a perfect autumn day, I thought I could do a bit of a ride at Wynnum, throw in the camera and hopefully take some nice pics, especially of the pelicans which I missed last time. Exercise and pix of the day all in one hit. One might say I could kill two birds with one stone but since the purpose was to take some pelican photos then probably not a particularly apt proverb. 

So off I went.  After a little bit of work at home. A little bit. 

And after the ride (about 12 km in my estimation), I walked by the Wynnum side of the bay, a little different from the Manly side and plenty of pelicans. So many in fact, they have their own post, at day 150.5. 

I got to play with the 18mm lens for the sweeping landscape and clouds...right through to fun with the 300mm length. 

Jetty, of sorts

Bay sweep

Jonathon LS

'I tell you, they're not like us'...

'Heh, whatevs. Beam me up Jonno'.

And then came a flock of seabirds

And an early moon rise...with seagull

And where it had to end


People were very chatty today too. Maybe everyone has decided that a little exercise and mindfulness could be a good thing. 

And it was. Now, back to work.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 18-55mm, 75-300mm, 4.05pm-4.55pm]