Monday 5 October 2015

Day 278 2015: Another day...

Day 278: ...another sunbeam

It wasn't meant to be quite so. I did have a plan to get across to Toohey Forest Park for a walk. And a photo shoot. Just because I saw it suggested on 'soc-med' last night and thought it to be a good idea. 

I was up early to take friends to the airport, came home, planned a bit of work and then head out.

Then the 'whoop whoop' call of the pheasant coucal drew me out the back. I didn't see it in the end but noted the noisy miner was also looking a bit interested (probably up for a chase no doubt). 

We were on a mission...
who would see the pheasant coucal first?

And then the sunlight caught my eye again and then...

The bougainvillea
New jacaranda shoots, dusted with cobwebs

...the work of the day, the heat of the day, the fact that today is the last public holiday until Christmas was sufficient to keep me indoors for the rest of the day (until rehearsal time anyway). 

And really, there is just as much to marvel in the way a little sunbeam can light up even the most ordinary of gardens. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 100-300mm, 9.05am-9.08am]