Sunday 11 October 2015

Day 283 2015: A rose by any other name...

Day 283: ...won't cure a cold...

...but they help make you feel better. Illness-wise, I'm pretty lucky. I generally get through winter without the usual colds and sniffles that beset friends and colleagues. But I have to admit this one has me beaten. Another day virtually down and out though it does feel like it is on the move. Finally.

I ventured into the neighbourhood, first for a coffee and a read of the paper and then to the local florist who always has something delightful in store. 

Shades of rose

A special little petal

Porcelain 

And so it was. Some beautiful roses. I still have the cold, but I also have these gorgeous roses. And that will do me on days like these...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 5.45pm-5.47pm]