Sunday 25 October 2015

Day 298 2015: The colour purple...

Day 298: ...and a few other things

Sunday. Concert Day. It has come around very quickly. It was also my last concert at this venue, the Schonell Theatre for a little while as I head to different climes, for work and research purposes, for a little while. 

University of Queensland, St Lucia. Famous as a university, conferrer of one or two of my degrees, employer of some years. I've mainly been visiting in recent years as a member of a community orchestra. 

This time of year though, it is most famous for its jacarandas in full bloom, perhaps only New Farm Park outdoes St Lucia for colour : spectacular.

With so many people, I tried for a few different shots of the animation around the lake. 

Standard view by the lake

Not purple, not terribly animated

Head above the ripples

Can barely see the trees for the fountain

Eel-ish

There, there petal

The purple and the gold

Dappled sunlight

Reflection 1

Reflection II

Purple breeze

The water, the flowers, the sun


I guess if one was to have a memorable last concert, then colour-me-purple was a great way to round out a community musician's career.* 

*Except for the one or three remaining at other venues for 2015...

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 28-80mm, 75-300mm, 4.27pm-5.12pm]