Friday 30 October 2015

Day 302 2015: Staring down your fears...

Day 302: ...flying into the known unknowns

Or something. Actually, that is less metaphorical and actually quite actual. When I got out to the lake this evening, it was a bit late and getting a bit dark and, damn it, right in my path were two plovers, or masked lapwings as apparently they prefer to be called. I don't know, I don't care, I'd take 100 noisy miners over a pair of plovers any day. 

It is partly a childhood spent on farm land dangers and basically, I just don't like the way they dive and squeal and basically menace anyone who is simply walking along minding their own business. 

So the best way to deal with them is to confront them yes? Even better, with the flick of a dial and can make them blur out and leave me focussed on the ripples on the surface...

Fade to grey
Or looking at the colours and lines in the evening sky...

Lines

Or flying into the unknown... 

Into the ...

Today was my second last day of teaching here, tomorrow is my last. I am flying off and away to other places...a bit like the ibis...into something. 

[Camera : Canon EOS60D, 75-300mm, 5.53pm-5.59pm]