Tuesday 31 May 2022

A brief moment of light

 ...really very brief... (151/365, 31 May 2022)

Photography is the art of light and shade, of trying to capture light. It doesn't always work however. But early this evening, as I was planning my retirement (for the day) and after a lot of rain earlier rain during the day, there was just that brief moment when the sun is making its last appearance for the day when there is just this very, shall I say, mysterious, light. I have seen it at home too, where I have tried to capture it...it glows in a particular orangey sort of way at home. Today had the same quality about it but not quite orange. 

I'd love to know the technical atmospheric reasons for it, but maybe I can leave that as a research project in my eventual actual retirement.




Cam today was the Canon EOS M5, 18-150mm lens. Just for added interest, it was 6:09pm, pics taken 17 seconds apart. No edits.

That's five months down already, of this project and quite honestly that about three and three-quarter months longer than I anticipated. Thanks for hanging out this long...