Tuesday 31 July 2018

Day 195/365: A bit of rest and rec...

...in the best possible way

Occasionally, I get a day off. Well, not so much a day off, but just taking some time out. And when the wonderful Simone Young, Australian conductor, comes to town, it would take quite a lot to prevent me from going. In fact, nothing less than being strung up on an IV drip in hospital, or something. Well, something serious. 

And so it was a trip to the other side of town...over near the Skytree, over near my clarinet shop. it is a bit of a musical place, as I approach the concert hall...

Sky tree

Sculpture

Contemplating

Pathway to the concert



Buskers

Signature work


It was a wonderful concert, and I got to say hello to Ms Young at the end. I have admired her work for so many years. I go to anything she conducts...it less about the music and what she does with it (and the orchestra). Do go and see her, if ever you have the chance. Pride of Australia I reckon. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 1.25pm-2.44pm, 4.43pm, 8.33pm; 14 July 2018]