Tuesday 31 July 2018

Day 189/365: Books, glorious books...

...treasure trove

If ever the world came down to two choices for survival: books or food, I'd be hard-pressed to choose. And if there is a secondhand book sale on...you'll see me there (not eating). 

Today was one of those days, I happened upon a book fair and picked up a bit of a treasure trove, including a signed copy. Actually, I'm limited to what I can reasonably carry back on the train...otherwise...who knows how many I'd end up with.

Fave pasta dinner with a book on women politicians

New books: women in politics, two thinkers and the book of the latest film by Kore-eda

A collection of essays (including one on whales) by Oe Kenzaburo

...who has also signed the book

Two political philosophers, two books to add to the feminism shelf
and one on the East Asian community

Ainu, and a book on Australia and an old defence manual

One on youth, happiness and (a lack of) hope...


And fortunately, I don't have to make that awful choice between books and food, just yet. Now excuse me, I have some reading to do...

[Camera : iPhone8, 6.41pm, Canon EOS M5, 9.48pm-9.52pm; 8 July 2018]