Monday 23 July 2018

Day 185/365: Win-win...

...it happens sometimes

Today I won something practical at last. Every so often, convenience stores run a kind of raffle whereupon when you spend ¥x you get a lucky dip chance. Previously I've won useful things like a litre of grape juice flavoured water, or a bottle of coffee--just like the one I've just bought and similar.

Today at the campus shop, I noticed some lovely fans on the wall...another of these lucky dip competitions apparently. Oh, I never win the nice things, I mentioned to the shop attendant. Oh? she said. Here, take a dip nonetheless,,,she might have hinted about just where to place my hand (or not). 

Low and behold...

Winner

Winner


,,,a winner, a fan with dragonflies, perfect for the coming heat. And then an almost perfectly empty train carriage at the start of the journey home...strange for a week day, but one of those win-win sort of days. 

[Camera : iPhone8, 2.22pm, 9.27pm; 4 July 2018]