Monday 23 July 2018

Day 183/365: An ordinary day in the life...

...day in the office

The days starts and then suddenly it finishes. The light goes from the sky and you're left with the harsh fluorescents of the office. 

And you realise...you ask...what have I done? How did we get here? 

It is time for second-year students to choose their research seminar--we are doing it a little differently this time around. I've spent much of the day speaking with prospective students about joining my research group...


Work-in-progress

Some of the books we might read in the seminar

To remind me of why I do what I do

Gender research

Sunflowers in the night, one star


It is a bit of an exhausting, repetitive day but always a joy to see the students with stars in their eyes as they explore with you the sorts of things they plan to study towards their graduation thesis in a couple of years time...

Now they go away and write up their applications...and I wait and make a call: yay or nay.

[Camera : iPhone8, 8.00-8.04pm, 9.48pm, 2 Jul 2018]