Thursday 4 September 2014

Day 247: Taking time...

Day 247: ...to smell look at all the blooms

...or getting ready at least. After a few busy days, I opted to work at home today although the primary purpose was really to try and fend off an emerging minor head cold, it seems. Hopefully it is just about over, I have major plans coming up. 

So being at home offers the chance to do some reading, thinking, writing and, dear reader, as you would know, wandering around the garden. 

I have this accidental azalea bush down in the garden; accidental because I once tried to grow it in one spot, it almost very nearly went to the azalea country in the sky so I just replanted in *that* spot in the garden...where all the 'not so good looking' plants go. (Yes, dear reader, it is a crowded spot, thank you for remembering...)

Anyway, like my roses which thrive on near perfect neglect, so too does the azalea bush bloom as it sees fit. This season, we're in for a bumper crop of flowers perhaps, so I thought it might be helpful to chart its course over the next few days...



Double trouble

Bromeliad on the way back

The neighbourly jasmine buds

My favourite purple

It was the leaf that caught my eye...

...along with a few other newbies that caught my eye today. So nice really, to wander around the wonder that can be down the back. 

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 2.26-2.36pm]