Friday 5 September 2014

Day 248: When best-laid plans...

Day 248: ...come undone

One of the things I was looking forward to doing this month, while on leave, was attend sessions at the Brisbane Writers' Festival, especially today with 612ABC broadcasting live from the venue. Usually I have teaching commitments at this time of the year which have prevented my attendance in recent years. I also planned to head to The Powerhouse to see Scott Spark play...

Colourful end to a colourless day
But no, the ghost of lurgies past decided otherwise didn't it. Apologies to my friends at 612. 

I've been pretty well flat out today, and not in a good way. I managed a bit of time outside just as the moon shone at its best and the sun began to set...there were some gumnuts making their presence felt...just because. The noisy miners were harassing the Pacific Baza too in the distance.

Moon behind the gum tree

Hanging in there...just

The colour was in the sky and it has started to come back to my face too, finally. Just as well. I'm about to participate in an exciting twitter-generated international experiment...but more on that tomorrow, perhaps.

[Camera : EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 5.44pm, 5.37pm, 5.08pm]