Saturday 27 September 2014

Day 269: Some days are barking...

Day 269: ...just not quite mad

The days have moved along much more quickly than I expected. In the next month or so I have a sudden rush of activity and it seemed emails today just added complexity to that which should have remained quite simple...

My workplace, which previously has had no interest in supporting my research trips to Japan now suddenly wants me to represent it here there and everywhere, 'since I'll be there', taking up time in an already finely-tuned research itinerary. This is long service leave...but not as I expected it. 

The emails continued when I returned from a medical appointment. What else was I to do but to go and look at the loris out the back who are also clearly barking mad with things at the moment. Either that or their rather ostentatious displays of eating the tree bark are signals to me that they've tired of the gum blossoms and when will the easy-to-retrieve bird seed delivery resume? Thank you very much.


Looking for the seeds

Nested...sort of...

Barking 1

Barking 2

Couldn't be barked 1

Sunlit barking

Ah, the life of a lori...neither mad, nor barking, quite.

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 9.07am, 4.11pm, 4.58-5.00pm]