Wednesday 17 September 2014

Day 260: The Perfect...

Day 260: ...American, Breakfast

If one could live the ideal life everyday, then today might have come close. Started with a lovely breakfast/get-together with friends Susan and Mel. We catch up from time-to-time to talk about...everything really. A little spot we've come to enjoy is tucked away in West End, The Burrow. Good coffee, good food. Today I opted for the sardines and although I'm no instagrammer (at the moment), I was so taken by the presentation, well, what else was I to do...
Perfect Sardines

It was great, we'll be back...

I went home, did some reading, writing and enquiries about further study and other things. Even managed some washing (just so you know all the mundane details...)

This evening I went to one of the Brisbane Festival's drawcard events, the Australian Premiere of The Perfect American, an opera about Walt Disney by one of my favourite composers Philip Glass. We all know Walt Disney, his legacy, Mickey Mouse and so on. This is the second interpretation I've seen this year, after the film Saving Mr Banks, which aims to show us another side of the Disney legend. 

It is moments like these I wish I could take photos of the set, of some of the scenes. But I stick by the rules. I don't. You'll have to imagine dear reader. It didn't stop me from taking another pic of the banner on the side of the building afterwards...

Perfect Opera

...which along with the free program and the music will have to suffice for the memory. Without doubt, one of the most sophisticated stagings I've seen in Brisbane for a while. 

The Perfect Day. The Perfect American. The Perfect...

[Camera : iPhone 4S, 9.40am, 9.11pm]