Monday 8 September 2014

Day 251.5: To post?

Day 251.5: ...or not?

The Exxopolis. I probably shouldn't show these pics. They don't really do the experience justice and yet...


The Exxopolis, from the outside...

Stepping inside...
On the one hand, these pics were a challenge. On the other, I'm not sure how I might best explain what I saw, felt, experienced. 

Your correspondent, in a rare pose, to show the way colour played out
(iPhone, no editing, no filters)
Part of the Brisbane Festival, the Exxopolis is, for all appearances, a rather sophisticated-looking inflatable. While watching Kelly Higgins-Devine's show today, we heard reporter Terri Begley cross live from inside the structure...during the break between shows, I went to investigate. 

It is colour. It is light. It is intriguing. Much more than I expected. And a delight to watch people, especially toddlers and their parents, responding. Photographically it was a challenge too and indeed the colours you see here are not quite what you see there but in another way, some of them make interesting impressions on their own.

Enjoy the colour. Be intrigued. I'm still not sure what I saw, but I'm glad I saw it.


The Blue Room

Through the tunnel

Passages...

'Concentric' colour

There, and then...

...not there

A core room

A panel in contemplation

Another view from outside, after I'd been through
and more intrigued than 30 minutes beforehand

And I learnt it is deflated each night and inflated each morning. Indeed, after I left the Spiegeltent at 8.30pm, it was ... gone... until tomorrow. 

[Canon : EOS 60D, 28-80mm, 4.26pm-5.21pm]