Sunday 28 September 2014

Day 271: These nails...

Day 271: ...are made for, well, nailing it I suppose

I've been doing some writing today. That was after I'd spent some time this morning catching up on yesterday's newspapers. Yes, it is a silly, old-fashioned habit I continue to have. 

I did have plans for getting out and about but I didn't. I managed to get as far as the backyard. Again. But still, there is so much going on within and without the boundary fence. At one stage I could hear and or see rainbow and green scaly-chested lorikeets, kookaburras, cockatoos (yes, they're near but not near enough to photograph, yet), butcher birds, magpies, noisy miners and crows...and that was just skyward.

Mama possum made her presence felt too and it wasn't until I trained the zoom and crop on her paw that I realised...that one heck of a set of nails there. I may have heard the skirmish last night too that resulted in that ear injury, and a little while later bub possum became a bit restless too. 



Perhaps a little weary and battle-worn

Serious (almost 9-inch) nails

Later the birds showed their claws too as they took flight on sunset...

(TV) Aerial dance

Take off (coming at you)
And remember that nest from a couple of days ago...well guess whose that is: 

Nest complete (yes, with some post-production...)
Something else to keep my eye on when I'm out the back seeking solace from my work. But back to it for now. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 75-300mm, 12.59pm, 1.01pm, 1.02pm, 5.11pm, 5.18pm]