Saturday 18 June 2016

Day 162 2016: And so, up the mountain...

Day 162: ...to my other temporary office

This trip is about as multifunctional as five days away from home can get. I mentioned earlier that I am here primarily for a conference and some library research but I also happen to hold visiting researcher status at the University here, and have done so for a few years now. 

Visiting research fellow: visiting, researching
That's quite handy when the library is closed and you need a place to work. So it was out and about and up the mountain early today to make a formal professional visit to the research centre (and find a place to plant myself for the day). 

Glad I did. As it turns out, there are quite a few new people on the block too which provided some nice opportunities to discuss new research ideas (because it is not as if you can keep working on the old ones, right?). 

Sunshine silhouette

It's a bird...it's a...a...crane

Shipping on the Bay

Complex swimming complex




And then it was just a patient wait at the new swimming complex while my friend swam and I played with the new zoom...

It's Friday! Yay, er, wait. There's a full weekend of conferencing ahead...



[Camera : iPhone 6S, 2.00pm, Lumix TZ-85, 4.30pm, 5.16pm-5.18pm; 10 June 2016]