Sunday 5 June 2016

Day 155 2016: The clouds came back...

Day 155: ...quite literally

It is almost as if they answered their own question from yesterday. This morning the sky was just as blue, but with a wisp or two here and there.

Today's priority was to head in quite the opposite direction to my usual place of work (though just as long a commute). I went off to attend a Peace Studies conference being held at a university not too far from my university's other campus in Western Tokyo. I'm teaching a Peace Studies class next semester and since this conference featured the so-called 'father of modern peace studies', Professor Johan Galtung, I figured I should attend. 

The day started out just as nicely as yesterday...

Blue and green to the left of me...

Hard-wired and wispy to the right
and then it was just a matter of finding my way to the new campus...

A little bit of a walk, a few guesses  (*note to organisers,  a few directional signs would help...) and then onto day one of two days of 'rethinking peace studies'.


Lunch break...re-thinking time

Professor Galtung, the man we've come to see

So much to think about today and more tomorrow. An academic's work is never done. 

[Camera : iPhone 6S, 7.18am-7.19am; 1.07pm, 3.20pm; 3 June 2016]