Wednesday 29 June 2016

Day 181 2016: I know I sit by the dock of a bay...

Day 181: ...but really, I do more than watch the time roll away

Really. It is true though you mightn't believe it looking at the blog Monday to Friday. I spend, say, an average of 9-10 hours in and around the office each day, I take about 9-10 photos, that's about one and hour on average and at about 1/200 of a second on average, then really, technically, that's not a lot of time now is it.

It is merely the illusion of time that a photo preserves that fraction of a second forever, so it can seem like a long time...

How's that, dear reader, a little lens philosophy as the long way to say...more port pics today. But really, as I said yesterday, it is very hard to get used to the view with so much movement. If I were to retire, it would be to a busy view like this (or Moffat Beach, or perhaps my backyard with the birds and the birdbath...).

Anyway, in between marking and preparing classes and reviewing the politics of two elections campaign running at the moment, I looked out the window a few times to see the port just kept on working.

Racing to the end

This light, this colour... (no filter)

All quiet on the waterfront

Except for David and Goliath a few minutes later


It was supposed to rain for most of the day but never quite enough for a brolly, though the light on the bay around the bridge was quite, how shall I say, 'eerie' for a moment. 

Tomorrow, another view of the bay, probably, but I'm not wasting my time (though I might be wasting yours). 

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 2.50pm, 6.06pm, 6.15pm; 29 June 2016]