Thursday 23 June 2016

Day 174 2016: Filtering the movement...

Day 174: ...I just didn't realise

One thing I've been pretty particular about with my photography over the years is to show something 'as it is'...as much as that is possible. In other words, I don't do much 'post-editing' (except cropping) or add filters or effects. My basic rule of thumb is that if it is something I might once have altered in the dark room, then that's as far as it goes. (Yes dear reader, I once developed pics in dark rooms...I am that old.)

Today, as I was looking out the window (waiting patiently for the late special lecture Mark II I was due to give...) I thought the rain through the day really changed the effect on the appearance of the port...




Rain, rain

But we keep on working

to and fro

in the (filtered) rain

...and then I realised that in fact, it is the window itself that is actually a bit dusty and smeared and thus has probably been acting as a 'filter' of sorts all this time...

Good, bad, inevitable? Does it break my 'no filter' rule? I'll let you decide.

[Camera : Lumix TZ-85, 3.06pm-3.13pm, 22 June 2016]