Sunday 15 March 2015

Day 74 2015: End of project...

Day 74: ...seriously, it's downhill from now

I guess we take on the #project365 for all sorts of reasons. I liked the idea, when I first heard about it from tweepster mate and colleague Susan (susansnaps.blogspot.com.au). There is a reason to take a pic everyday. There's always *something*, something there that has made me stop and think beyond my everyday. I've enjoyed developing the writing style over time too. It is a little more whimsical than my actual work-a-day writing would generally allow. 

I suppose I do it mainly for the photography though. I really enjoy just trying to get better and better--subject, composition, lighting, colour, focus...all the bits. Anyway, I think I've just about captured my finest. It's a whole lot of luck, timing, composition, subject...

...here's a hint. 

The sound of a dragonfly...winging it

I was actually just spending a few minutes at the University of Queensland lake after our Orchestra's concert. I figured there'd be some lily pads...


Good lily pads
...reflected bridges...


The green bridge, reflected

...ducks... 

Demonstrating waterproofing capabilities

...baby ducks...

Gonna fly now...

...and then this...

Touchdown!


As an amateur photographer, dear reader, it doesn't get much better than this...

...or this...


Handstand

The end...

So thought Willy


[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 4.30pm-5.09pm]

Actually, there's always room for improvement. I'll be back, tomorrow. It's just a habit that is so hard to break...