Thursday 12 March 2015

Day 71 2015: When the egret has landed...

Day 71: ...it portends an elegant day

I took my camera along to work again today, knowing I had a long day ahead and the likelihood of an interesting pic or two perhaps a little challenged. I thought maybe some kangaroos during the day, should I manage to get out of the office in between classes; perhaps a dragonfly along the way; perhaps even just the quiet of the pond lily...

In fact, just as I pulled up and switched off the engine...snap...

The egret has landed, the grass has been cut

...the egret had landed. And I thought, 'well, that'll do me today'.

I still took the cam to the office, who knows. And then, on the way back to the car some twelve hours later, I spotted that special breed of nocturnal kangaroo...

Oh, the day's actually over? Really?

OK, maybe they were mistaking the light for the 'light' or something but I don't recall seeing them so out in the open at night. 

This was taken in very low light conditions (very high ISO 6400) and without a tripod. The kangas didn't seem to mind. 

And then all the way home, driving along the highway the moon rose in the east. There was just enough when I got home for a third bite of the cherry. It usually works out in the end.

Half a moon dance...
But really, the elegance of the egret reigned supreme for the day. Everything else was just a technical challenge. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 9.55am, 9.18pm, 11.37pm]