Wednesday 11 March 2015

Day 70 2015: So 108 species might be noice but...

Day 70: ...photography begins in your own backyard 

I know, dear reader. More birds. Apologies, of sorts. Well, not really. I've realised that taking so many pics at work, trying to get all 108 species, I've neglected my very own backyard. And what is it they say? 'Photography begins at home...' or similar. 

Actually, it was more about capitalising on an opportunity rather than planning (because I don't plan these things, do I dear reader...). I was thinking that with another late night ahead with my class, I figured I'd have to be more creative than another university car park pic (see one week ago). I was thinking about which lens to pack when..ta-da...the loris appeared, wanting some seed.

They haven't been around for a while, no, I mean I haven't been around at this hour for a while so I figured it was time to snap them again. 

And clearly they thought so too. First, there was the little screech and dance to catch my eye...

Ho-hum, what's up?

It's not like we want anything, you know

Sounds like a screech, just a yawn really...

Watched your tai chi set this morning. Like this, eh...

And then, tray filled, away they went. Some of the expressions were priceless. 

Mmm, seed

Focus on the lens seed
Actually, with these two, I don't think it's about the seed at all you know. I think they just like performing for the cam. And let's face it, it's something I don't mind it either, ahead of a busy busy day. It's a perfect #project365 moment, to share. 

Oh, and just out of interest, this selection was drawn from 51 shots...51 shots in 15 minutes. Would never happen with film, back in the day...

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 7.59am-8.12am]