Saturday 28 March 2015

Day 87 2015: On yer bike...

Day 87: ...well, not quite

I think it is fair to say that the events of the week finally caught up with me this afternoon. As I started reading some material in preparation for various papers, articles, conferences etc (it never ends really) I may or may not have dozed off, at some point. Briefly. But not before I'd been out and about seeking a newish bicycle to resume the fine art of perambulating along the Manly foreshore (or similar) with a friend who has recently taken up the art. I think my knees will cope. 

Suffice to say, the morning's exertions weren't as successful as I might have hoped though I met some helpful people. I'd like to buy their bikes, but I don't think I can spend quite that much...I'd probably rather buy a camera lens (or two) for that price.

By the afternoon, I thought I'd try one or two other shops as the closing time approached, still without much luck. We're going to a movie tomorrow instead. 

So on the way home (yes, dear reader, of course I packed the camera), I stopped at the park down the road, just as the sun had dropped behind the high tree-line and not quite dark...just that middling light that is interesting to work with, photographically speaking.

I mostly opted for a high ISO for the settling ducks...

Settling in for the evening

...the gumnut blossoms...  

Low light, high colour
...the only white duck in the village...

Restless

And then finally, tonight's moon, in its half-state. Just because it was there. This was back to closer to standard ISO125 and 1/125 shutter. 

Half-moon in the half-light

I doubt I would ever doze off taking pics. 

[Camera : Canon EOS 60D, 70-300mm, 5.48pm-6.10pm]